Welcome to the vReveal Customer Support page. If you need to ask a question or report an issue, please visit our knowledge base where you'll find answers to many of your questions. You may also open a support request.
Our extensive library of helpful articles about vReveal's features and tips on how to configure your system. Highly recommended if you have any issues with vReveal (such as file compatibilty or output problems).
Looking for vReveal in other languages?
Hurray! vReveal 3 is now fully localized to Japanese, German, Italian, Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese, and Portuguese.
Minimum System Requirements
If you don't have the latest overclocked gaming rig, don't worry: vReveal will run on almost any PC, laptop or desktop, regardless of whether you have a graphic processor unit (GPU) or not. vReveal runs great on most laptops and desktops from the past 3-4 years.
Of course, if you DO have a modern PC with a high-end CPU and GPU, then you'll love the fact that vReveal is a high-performance app designed to use use the massive parallel processing power your graphic gard (GPU), either AMD (with OpenCL) or NVIDIA (with CUDA).
The basic requirements are:
- Operating System: Windows 7 (recommended). Windows 8 compatible (see these instructions). Windows XP/Vista compatible
- Processor: Dual-core CPU or better, with at least SSE2 support
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Hard Drive: At least 60MB of free space
- Microsoft .NET Framework: Version 3.5 SP1 or newer
To run faster on AMD GPUs (with OpenCL acceleration):
- What matters to vReveal performance is the number of shader units, and the clock speed. Look for 400-480 shaders for SD, and 800 or more for HD.
- GPU: AMD APU Family with AMD Radeon™ HD Graphics or AMD Radeon™ HD Graphics with support for OpenCL 1.1. See a detailed list of supported cards, (no beta level cards are supported in vReveal 3).
- GPU memory: GPU Memory: 256MB or higher for processing up to 720p video, 512MB or higher for 1080p video
- ATI Catalyst™ 11.4 Update Driver (8.841) or newer (11.8/8.88 or newer GPU driver recommended)
To run faster on NVIDIA GPUs (with CUDA acceleration):
- What matters to vReveal performance is the number of "CUDA cores" and the clock speed of the card. Look for at least 96 CUDA cores for standard-def video, and 384 or more for HD.
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce with CUDA: 8-series, 9-series, 200-series, 400-series, 500-series
- GPU Memory: 256MB or higher for processing up to 720p video, 512MB or higher for 1080p video
- Driver: NVIDIA GeForce 263.06 or newer